Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Roasted Pig Tutorial

Here's a fun roasted pig cake a made for a friend for a luau style party, the cake was pink to simulate the pink pork flesh.
I started with a half sheet cake, it was filled it with pineapple preserves.
With my serrated knife I stared carving the head first then the body, it seemed a little flat at first but you will see it change in a while.
I rounded the edges a little so it wouldn't look so flat.
Wth the leftovers from the carving a "glued" with buttercream some cake scraps to make the back look more rounded.
I did the same with the head.
I crumbcoated the whole thing.
Then I iced it and try to erase some of the buttercream marks with hot water.
With leftover cake a made 4 little feet, and covered them too.
After that I airbrushed the whole thing, the ears are made of fondant, and the potatoes and carrots my sister made them out of gumpaste. My son modeled the apple out of gumpaste too.
Take a look at the cute little tail!
Here's the final product with better light, Hope you like it, send me pictures if you make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment